Alisons oatmeal cookies
This recipe comes from the 2001 West Virginia State Fair and was the winner of the Cookie Contest (ages 5-9 years old category).
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Clabber Girl Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 c. quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/3 c. white chocolate baking chips
- 2/3 c. chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. orange juice concentrate
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, combine flour, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, Clabber Girl Baking Soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, eggs and water; beat until creamy. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in oats, white chocolate chips, cranberries, and orange juice.
Drop in round balls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes.